[sane-devel] sane 1.0.8 on OS/2

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Sun Jun 2 14:32:14 BST 2002

Hi,

On Sat, Jun 01, 2002 at 11:17:22PM +0200, Paul Floyd wrote:
> Story so far:
> build went cleanly: one little glitch, the frontends/Makefile does not
> have $(LIBSANEI) following $LIBSANE), which the linker requires.

Are you talking about the scanimage target? As far as I can see,
scanimage.c doesn't need anything from sanei. About which symbol is
the linker complaining? Are you compiling a static frontend?

> I'm attaching a diff between the generated libtool and a libtool that
> builds a DLL. Perhaps it would be possible to integrate this into
> libtool.in?

You mean ltmain.sh and/or acinclude.m4? It's probably better to ask
the libtool maintainers so we don't have to do the work with every
libtool upgrade. But if the patch is simple, we can do it also in SANE.

A unified diff for the above mentioned files would be much more
usefull :-) I tried to apply your patch but most hunks fail.

> I'm sure that the old_archive_from_new_cmds and archive_cmds must be
> changed, not so sure about all the others.

> After that, running a default scan seems to work OK. Running a scan with
> --resolution 100 causes a trap (a real pain in the ass). If I have time,
> I'll look into that, but it's difficult to debug, as I'd need to go
> right down to the point where the SCSI request is being built, and I'm
> no whizz at SCSI.

Which backend?