[sane-devel] problem with epson driver: noise in scans

Henry House hajhouse at houseag.com
Sun Jun 16 06:21:39 BST 2002

I am having a problem with an Epson Perfection 636 scanner (SCSI) and SANE
1.0.7. The OS is Debian GNU/Linux. The problem is that scans have what looks
horizontal lines of random white and black pixels all over the scan. (Sample
available upon request.) This occurs in all resolutions I have tried but only
in the binary mode. (Color scans fine.) I have checked SCSI termination and
it appears to be fine, though I have a suspicion that the Linux driver for
the machine's on-board SCSI (AM53/79C974 PCscsi) is flakey.

Does anyone have any ideas?

--
Henry House