[sane-devel] Re: Sane-devel digest, Vol 1 #440 - 12 msgs

Bertrik Sikken bertrik at zonnet.nl
Tue Jun 18 19:29:54 BST 2002

Hi,

HogHunter wrote:
> Using Mandrake 8.2 and when I bring up to see my
> scanner, which is a HP ScanJet 4300c, it will not see
> it.
>
> It is plugged in with a USB connection.  the computer
> sees the scanner, but not X-Sane.
>
> Anyone have ideas on how to fix this?

The HP4300c is not supported by Sane yet.

I have some beta software for the HP3300c at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hp3300backend
which also partially support the HP3400c.
The testtool package contains a script for patching the Sane backend
sources to add limited support for the hp3300, hp3400 and hp4300.

Kind regards,
Bertrik