[sane-devel] sane weirdness + UMAX Astra 1220 S

abel deuring a.deuring@satzbau-gmbh.de
Fri, 01 Mar 2002 14:00:43 +0100

Hubert Figuiere wrote:

> On Fri, 2002-03-01 at 11:58, abel deuring wrote:
>
> > [note: I don't like what I'm writing below, because it sounds somewhat
> > "magic"] I remeber that a readme file from a more or less recent version
> > of Retrospect recommands not to use the SCSI ID 5 for certain Macs. I
> > can't remeber which models -- if my memory does not "cheat", there were
> > some cryptic remarks about a bug in the SCSI chip of these macs. So it
> > might be worth to try another ID.
>
> My scanner has ID 4.... and it works fine under MacOS 9...

Urks, I misinterpreted your log output...

Regarding the failure of sane_find_scanner: Did this failure occur after
the run of "scanimage --mode Color -d umax:/dev/sg5" from your last log
output, but before a reboot? In this case the last failing SCSI command
from that run might not be finished or aborted inside the kernel. Then
the INQUIRY command sent by sane_find_scanner will have to wait until
the kernel has decided what to do with the "older" command. This can
take up to 10 minutes due to the large timeout value used for Linux in
Sane before version 1.0.7

Abel