[sane-devel] Re: (no subject)

Sergey Vlasov vsu@mivlgu.murom.ru
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 19:52:56 +0300

On Fri, 1 Mar 2002 17:26:18 +0100
Henning Meier-Geinitz <henning@meier-geinitz.de> wrote:

> > I guess it makes a difference for the calibration whether a TA is present or
> > not...
>
> I don't think calibration is involved here.

The TA on BearPaw 2400TA has a special calibration area
(actually there is a black sheet with a long transparent window
for the film and a small transparent area which is marked
"Calibration use only").

> The qualtity of this Ta (TA IV) isn't very good because usually the
> lamp in the scanner isn't shut off while scanning. So you have two
> sources of light.

BTW, is it really possible to use a TA with CIS scanners?  Maybe
I have misunderstood something, but it looks like there is only
one line of sensors, and different colors are scanned by
switching different LEDs.