[sane-devel] Epson Perferction 1250

Gene Heskett gene_heskett@iolinc.net
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 00:27:32 -0500

On Sunday 03 March 2002 09:47 pm, Uwe Reimann wrote:
>Hi there,
>
>is anybody working on the backend for the Epson Perfection 1250?
>
>I read a mail in the archives, telling red is the only color
> that is scanned right and something about beeing "not
> DC-restored". Will it be hard to correct that? I am able to
> program, I just don't know that much about scanners (it's my
> first one).  Some comments would be appreciated.
>
>Regards, Uwe

I just tested 41_99 of this patch and its not too bad, Gerhard
Jaeger can supply it, or a link to its location.  You'll need to
either add an alias definition to your modules.conf file, or
compile the identity stuff into the kernels drivers/usb/scanner.h
and rebuild the kernel.  As the usb stuff is an ongoing project
in the kernel tree, I can't verify it will work with your
hardware, or with a kernel less than 2.4.17, which is what I'm
running ATM.

You'll also need to diddle permissions on /dev/usb/scanner0, else
root is the only one that can run it.  0666 seems to be ok.

If you can program a bit, welcome to the group.  Gerhard Jaeger
is the co-ordinator for this particular branch/patch.  I'm just a
twiddler and tester who once thought he could program back when
computers still had 8 bit busses. :-)

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M