[sane-devel] Support for HP Scanjet 5400C series ?

Remy Cool dev-sane@smartology.nl
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 16:11:54 +0100

Hi,

The scanner is working ok under Windows, with that I mean that the
scanner hardware works, the buggy HP precission scan software is a
totaly different story :)

I've been trying to get information about which backend this scanner
uses, but to this day to no avail. There's a small chance it's HP,
but could also be Avision. The scanner does 2400dpi optical, so it
probably isn't based on the 1200dpi chipset used in the 5300C series.
When loading scanner.o with modprobe, the loading of the module takes
forever. Lsmod show that scanner is initializing .. so I too suspect
that there's an incompatibility with the current scanner.o and the
5400c (kernel 2.4.18). I'm planning to use a usb-logger under windows
to see if I can get some usefull information about the protocol
usesd. I don't like to reinvent the wheel so to speak, that's the
reason I asked this question on this board :)

Remy