[sane-devel] make errors with 1.07

john meshkoff johnm@sivakalpa.org
Sat, 09 Mar 2002 11:44:21 -0800

abel deuring wrote:

> >         I've downloaded a C course from
> >
> > http://www.strath.ac.uk/IT/Docs/Ccourse/ccourse.html
> >
> > And will study it and try to figure out these instructions;
>
> Uhhh, I hope that's not necessary if you only want to get Sane
> installed; just moving the comment delimiters a bit around at line 2079
> of sanei/sanei_scsi.c as described above is hopefully enough.

	I may try that for now.

 But of
> course I don't want to discorage you from learning C -- programming can
> be fun ;)

	With my conceptual difficulties, learning a little C is going to be
difficult; but, maybe it will help (if I'm reasonably successful at
learning) with other src's that I have had problems with;  I can see
from one of your other comments about "older versions of the kernel
"[I'm not anxious to move to 2.4.x, as my system basically works, and
I've read a few "horror stories" about people having trouble with
upgrading, something breaks, etc] that I could stand to learn some of
the in's and out's of compile problems with kernel versions.

John

--
John Meshkoff johnm at sivakalpa dot org
http://www.sivakalpa.org/