[sane-devel] new backend

Wed, 13 Mar 2002 19:11:03 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 11:46:57PM -0600, Frank Zago wrote:
> I've added a new backend for TECO / Relisys scanners.

Fascinating, yet another backend. Do you ever sleep? :-)

> Currently it only handles the Relisys RELI 2412.
> It should also work with the following scanners:
>  AVEC 2400      (VM3520)
>  AVEC 2412    (VM3520+)
>  AVEC 4800      (VM4530)
>  AVEC 4816      (VM4530+)
>  RELI DS6      (VM3420)
>  RELI DS15     (VM3440)
>  RELI 2400    (VM3530)
>  RELI 2412    (VM3530+)
>  RELI 4816    (VM4540)
>  RELI 4830    (VM4542)
>  RELI 9600    (VM6530)
>  RELI 9612    (VM6530*)
>  RELI 9624     (VM6530+)
>  RELI 9630    (VM6540)

Mustek sells some of its scanners also under the label "ScanMagic".
However, there is one ScanMagic Scanner, that is not made by Mustek: the
ScanMagic 4830S. SCSI inquiry reveals the strings "Flatbed Scanner"
and "TECO VM3575". I was said that it might be an "Avec Super 3".
Any chance that it's also supported?

I don't have this device so I can't test but there were quite some
questions about it until a added a "not supported" text to the Mustek
page. I guess that it's an older scanner.