[sane-devel] I have opened my Genius HR6 usb id 2004 scanner...

Jaeger, Gerhard gjaeger@sysgo.de
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 08:17:58 +0100

Hi Mario,

some parts are from Plustek or whoever made the 98003 ASIC.
This ASIC is originally used in the OpticPro P12 and PT12,
which are parallel-port devices. I think the Genius Chip
inside is the USB-to-Parallel converter.
I assume, that if the protocol over the USB is known, the
parallelport code of the Plustek kernel module can be used
to control that scanner.
BTW: This scanner seems to be the same as some older Plustek
USB devices before they use the LM983x chipsset.

All in all it can be said, that this kind of scanner is
currently not supported directly by any code of the Plustek
backend.

Gerhard

On Mittwoch, 13. März 2002 19:06, Mario Giammarco wrote:
> And this is what I have found inside:
>
> P98003
> 0022H

--> Scanner ASIC, originally for interfacing the parallel-port

> UT51C162JC-35
> 9940

--> Memory

> GENIUS 04-43-006B