[sane-devel] a backend test

Oliver Rauch oliver.rauch@rauch-domain.de
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 00:17:54 +0100

Frank Zago wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've derived scanimage into a test for backend.
> Currently it does not much:
>   - options check (get/set, consistent type/range, ...)
>   - 2 scans per scan mode (read byte per byte, read random size)
>
> It is not (yet) a replacement for scanimage -T.
>
> Comments?

Hello Frank,

it sometimes makes problems when a backend disables an option
(not ACTIVE or not SETTABLE) but allows that the frontend does
change the option.
Although it is not defined if the fronend or the backend has to
make sure that such an option is nocht changed, it would be
good if a test in scanimage would print a warning when the
backend allows to change an inactive or not settable option.

Bye
Oliver

--
Homepage:	http://www.rauch-domain.de