[sane-devel] Addition of new(?) backends on TODO list

abel deuring a.deuring@satzbau-gmbh.de
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 22:04:39 +0100

Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There is list of backends that should be included on the TODO list. As
> some of the have been listed for a long time with no news, I'm
> interested if the authors want to have them included in SANE at all.
> Otherwise I would remove them from the TODO list. They will stay on
> the PROJECTS list and/or web site.
>
> The current list is:
>
>     - hp4200 http://hp4200-backend.sourceforge.net/
>     - v4l2 http://video.inodes.org/sane-v4l2/
>
> Is the v4l2 interface used at all? It's not in the kernel, is it?
>
>     - Relisys Scorpio Super 3 SCSI II
>       Mark Plowman <sane-devel@plowman.xs4all.nl>
>       http://www.xs4all.nl/~plowman/
>     - Linux Handscanner Ioctl Interface scanner by Harald
>       Bauer <bauer-h@web.de>
>
> Probably not intended to be included. Is anyone using handscanners at
> all these days?
>
>     - viceo (Visioneer OneTouch 8600)
>       http://www.littlecms.com/iphoto/otlinux.htm
>     - Genius Vivid Pro USB, Colorado USB 19200, Visioneer OneTouch 7600
>       IBM IdeaScan 2000 USB
>       http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/stevenel/scanner/
>     - Fujitsu M3091DCd support
>       Frederik Ramm <frederik@remote.org>
>       http://www.remote.org/frederik/projects/software/sane/
>     - Canon FB620S flatbed scanner and FS2710 film scanner
>       ftp://stthd0.pc.uni-koeln.de/pub/canon-1.08.tar.gz
>       Ulrich Deiters <ukd@xenon.pc.Uni-Koeln.DE>

Well, the Canon backend isn't exactly my business, but let me make a
comment anyway. Ulrich Deiters and Mitsuru Okaniwa extended the Canon
backend as included in Sane to support the FB620 and the FS2710. I don't
see any technical reason why these modifications should not be included
in the sane-backends tarball.

Abel