[sane-devel] umax astra 4500, 6700 -> Avision OEM scanners

Rene Rebe rene.rebe@gmx.net
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 19:20:37 +0100 (CET)

Hi all.

During the CeBIT I found out that the UMAX Astra 4500, 6700 are also
Avision OEM scanners.

They do not have the firmware in an EPROM. The scanner-driver needs to
upload it into the scanner after each power-off.

I hope that Avision provides me with additional information to get the
HP 5370 and HP 7400 and this UMAX Astra 4500 and 6700 working. We also
would need the firmware (either by cut'n pasting from the Windows .dll
(is this allowed?) or directly from Avision).

k33p h4ck1n6
  René

--
René Rebe (Registered Linux user: #248718 <http://counter.li.org>)