[sane-devel] a backend test

Wed, 20 Mar 2002 21:35:25 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 05:01:33PM -0600, Frank Zago wrote:
> > That doesn't mean that I don't find bugs but they are located in the
> > backends not in tst-backend currently. I'm looking into the net
> > backend and wire code currently. Lots of pleasure...
>
> Oh? I though you were only finding bugs in tstbackend :)

Ok, if you insist I will try to find another one... :-):

Using the version from 2002-03-19:

tstbackend -d mustek_usb -l1 (recursion = 1)
          TEST: options consistency
	  warnings: 0  error: 0  checks: 1379

tstbackend -d mustek_usb -l1 (recursion = 2)
          TEST: options consistency
	  ERROR   : cannot get boolean option 12 value (Invalid argument)
	  ERROR   : cannot set boolean option 12 value (Invalid argument)
	  ERROR   : cannot set boolean option 12 value (Invalid argument)
	  ERROR   : cannot get boolean option 12 value (Invalid argument)
	  ERROR   : cannot set boolean option 12 value (Invalid argument)
	  ERROR   : cannot set boolean option 12 value (Invalid argument)
	  ERROR   : cannot get boolean option 12 value (Invalid argument)
	  ERROR   : cannot set boolean option 12 value (Invalid argument)
	  ERROR   : cannot set boolean option 12 value (Invalid argument)
	  warnings: 0  error: 9  checks: 2270

This is option custom gamma. I'm not absolutely sure that this is a
bug in tst-backend but I guess after changing the value of option mode
somewhere in the recursion the option descriptor for custom gamma is
not  reloaded (?). At least option mode is the only one that changes
option custom gamma. And yes, SANE_INFO_RELOAD_OPTIONS is set.