[sane-devel] usb umax 2200 configuration issues

lists@jm3.net lists@jm3.net
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 22:35:53 -0500

hello, sane wizards. [sorry if the cross-post is inappropriate, but it's not
clear to me which of the lists i should use for 2200su/usb questions.]

i've been trying to get my umax 2200us working with usb [it worked well with
scsi and sane in the past]. basically, sane 1.0.7 with the build33 patch is
installed, the scanner module is loaded, i can see the scanner with
sane-find-scanner, but i can't seem to get xsane or scanimage to read the
thing. everything seems set up correctly in accordance with everything i could
find online, and i'm using the build-33 patch that's supposed to make the 2200
work with usb. the only thing i can think of is that my kernel version is too
old (2.4.2). i am downloading 2.4.18 now, in hopes that it will work. if anyone
can see something else wrong with my setup, please let me know!

in order to save some question/answer time, i posted the following info about
my system config in a directory on my website:

http://jm3.net/misc/sane-usb-problems/

output of running sane-find-scanner  sane-find-scanner.out.txt
  with:
    SANE_DEBUG_DLL=255
    SANE_DEBUG_UMAX=255
    SANE_DEBUG_UMAX1220U=255
output of running xsane              xsane.out.txt
    SANE_DEBUG_DLL=255
    SANE_DEBUG_UMAX=255
    SANE_DEBUG_UMAX1220U=255
output of running scanimage -L       scanimage-L.out.txt
ls -l of /dev/usb*                   dev-usb.out.txt
output of running usbmodules         usbmodules.out.txt
output of running lsusb              lsusb.out.txt
output of running lsmod              lsmod.out.txt
contents of /etc/modules.conf        modules.conf
output of running uname -a           uname.out.txt
output of running dmesg              dmesg.txt
contents of /etc/ld.so.conf          ld.so.conf

 jm3 / john manoogian III / jm3@jm3.net / http://jm3.net