[sane-devel] sane-backends fail to build on Linux/hppa

Petter Reinholdtsen pere@hungry.com
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 14:43:25 +0100

> Yet another one is on MIPS:

This mips problem was just an old config.guess/config.sub.  I replaced
it and was able to run configure without problems.

> Another failed build was on Alpha:
> scanimage.c:1564: incompatible type for argument 2 of vprintf'
> This is fixed in CVS.

The alpha problem is believd to be a compiler error.  How did you fix
it in the source?

The hppa problem was completely new to me, which is why I reported it.

The Debian pages have an interesting list of bugs as well.  Check out
<URL:http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=xsane>,
<URL:http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=sane-frontends> and
<URL:http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=sane-backends>.

Some of them are solved, and some of them are still present.