[sane-devel] Problem: Epson 610 vs. Artec AS6E

Wed, 27 Mar 2002 18:21:45 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 09:03:34AM +0100, mh wrote:
> "I have an Epson scanner "perfection 610" USB, and scanimage -L produces
> device `epson:/dev/usb/scanner0' is a Epson Perfection610 flatbed scanner
> xsane works good, but quiteinsane displays the scanner named :
> Device name : "as6e:as6edriver"
> Vendor : "Artec"
> Model : "AS6E"
> type : "flatbed scanner" "

This is from the as6e backend. I guess even if there is no scanner
connected, it will print this if it finds the as6edriver program in
its path.

> He uses SANE1.0.7 (self-compiled, system unknown). In his dll.conf only
> epson is enabled. An Artec scanner (parport) never has been installed.
> Did someone notice similiar problems with quiteinsane, or maybe has an idea,
> what might be causing this?

I also think that he has two SANE installations. Maybe XSane was from
his distribution and is linked against /usr/lib/libsane.so while
quiteinsane is linked against the 1.0.7 /usr/local/lib/libsane.so.

He should check if he has different dll.conf files. If there is one in
the current directory, it's used instead of
/usr/local/etc/sane.d/dll.conf.

Bye,
  henning