[sane-devel] Permissions problem with Epson 1640 & Solaris

Johan Bengtsson elijah@dd.chalmers.se
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 10:34:20 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Karl Heinz Kremer wrote:

> Henning is right, the EPSON backend does not fork off a reader process.
> That the root user can scan is a sure sign that there is something
> wrong with the permissions. From your directory listing it looks
> like the scanimage process should do a set group ID to the "scanner"
> group, which does have read and write access to the device.
>
> Are you sure that the user that is running this program is a member
> of this group?

No, the user is not a member of this group. The program (xsane etc.) is
setgid to this group. I tried adding myself to the group and that didn't
make any difference.

Best regards,
Johan Bengtsson

--