[sane-devel] SANE problem with 2.4.17 kernel

David McNab david@rebirthing.co.nz
30 Mar 2002 12:11:30 +1200

Hi,

This is a follow-up to a previous post about SANE (xsane) with USB and
HP 6250C, in which I mentioned the nagging 'Error during read: I/O error
during read' issue.

With a 2.4.17 kernel, this error was happening the second and subsequent
times I did a preview. It also happened nearly all the time on actual
acans.

On downgrading to the default Debian 2.2.19pre17 kernel, I can't
reproduce this problem, no matter what I do. Since I no longer have need
of the features which required me using 2.4.17, I'll stay with
2.2.19pre17 for now.

Seems like either the sane hp backend isn't handling changes in the
2.4.17 kernel, or there's a bug in the 2.4.17 (and maybe other 2.4.x)
kernels.

What do people think?

Cheers
David