[sane-devel] Strange behaviour Xsane as GIMP-plugin; device selection

Oliver Rauch oliver.rauch@rauch-domain.de
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 13:05:25 +0100

Laurent-jan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently upgraded my Linux Distribution to RH 7.2.
>
> I installed GIMP 1.2.3 from a TAR-bal, downloaded a new SANE (1.0.7)
> and Xsane (0.79). Compiling went OK, all scanning works on both
> scanners (Nikon LS200 and UMAX 1200S).
>
> But I noticed something strange under Gimp's File->Acquire.
> In the menu I see:
> - screenshot
> - Xsane device dialog
> - Xsane UMAX'dev'sg6
> No Nikon LS200 (as I had before the upgrade). When I select the
> device-dialog, Xsane lets me choose between Umax and Nikon. So
> Xsane recognises my scanners (I can scan with both without
> problems).
>
> Has anyone seen this before?

This cann happen when the nikon scanner was not available
when gimp queried the xsane-plugin the first time.

Do
touch ~/.gimp-1.2/plug-ins/xsane

and then start gimp with both scanner connected and ready.

Bye
Oliver

--
Homepage:	http://www.rauch-domain.de