[sane-devel] sane weirdness + UMAX Astra 1220 S

Hubert Figuiere hfiguiere at teaser.fr
Fri Mar 1 11:20:51 GMT 2002

On Fri, 2002-03-01 at 01:24, Oliver Rauch wrote:

> the logfile looks ok.
> I suggest you comment out (add a #) all backends but umax
> in /usr/local/etc/sane.d/dll.conf and try again. May be
> an unused backend messes up something.

I started over.
First I rebooted because SCSI device was no longer responding, even
after a scanner power off/on
I performed everything as root; even if /dev/sg5 has correct permission
(group = hub, mode = g+rw)

 export SANE_DEBUG_DLL=255
 export SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_SCSI=255
 export SANE_DEBUG_UMAX=255

I did a
	sane-find-scanner
	scanimage -L
Then I did a
	scanimage --mode Color -d umax:/dev/sg5
That failed, scanimage being stuck.
Control-C make it coredump.

See the attached log for the result of the 3 commands with full debug.

As Abel asked, there is nothing in /var/log/messages nor dmesg
and:

# cat /proc/scsi/scsi
Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: IBM      Model: DDRS-39130D      Rev: DC1B
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 05 Lun: 00
  Vendor: iomega   Model: jaz 1GB          Rev: G.72
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: IBM      Model: DCAS-32160       Rev: S65A
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 02 Lun: 00
  Vendor: TRAXDATA Model: CDRW4260 PRO     Rev: 1.0f
  Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 03 Lun: 00
  Vendor: TEAC     Model: CD-ROM CD-516S   Rev: 1.0D
  Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 04 Lun: 00
  Vendor: UMAX     Model: Astra 1220S      Rev: V1.3
  Type:   Scanner                          ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 06 Lun: 00
  Vendor: IOMEGA   Model: ZIP 100          Rev: R.41
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 02

I'll try the SCSI ID trick mentionned by Abel.

Any clues ?

Hub