[sane-devel] sane weirdness + UMAX Astra 1220 S

Hubert Figuiere hfiguiere at teaser.fr
Fri Mar 1 13:47:05 GMT 2002

On Fri, 2002-03-01 at 14:34, Erik Inge Bolsø wrote:
> On 1 Mar 2002, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
> >On Fri, 2002-03-01 at 12:49, Oliver Rauch wrote:
> >Hallo Oliver
> >> you have 5 devices on this scsi controller.
> >> How long are the scsi cables if you add all length?
> >> Is the controller a fast or an ultra scsi chipset?
> >
> >Fast SCSI. For the length, I'll try to shorten it... I can't really much
> >say given the mess in SCSI cabling, but "long" would qualify it.
> >
> >What is the lenght limit for Fast SCSI ?
>
> In theory, three meters total (including internal and external chain, if
> you have both).

I signicantly reduced the length: I removed an external HD (that was
off) and my Zip drive, changing 3 cable by one.

Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: IBM      Model: DDRS-39130D      Rev: DC1B
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 05 Lun: 00
  Vendor: iomega   Model: jaz 1GB          Rev: G.72
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: IBM      Model: DCAS-32160       Rev: S65A
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 02 Lun: 00
  Vendor: TRAXDATA Model: CDRW4260 PRO     Rev: 1.0f
  Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 03 Lun: 00
  Vendor: TEAC     Model: CD-ROM CD-516S   Rev: 1.0D
  Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 04 Lun: 00
  Vendor: UMAX     Model: Astra 1220S      Rev: V1.3
  Type:   Scanner                          ANSI SCSI revision: 02

Here is the new log.

Hub