[sane-devel] Re: (no subject)

Sergey Vlasov vsu at mivlgu.murom.ru
Fri Mar 1 15:36:43 GMT 2002

On Fri, 1 Mar 2002 16:08:08 +0100 (CET)
Andreas Nowack <nowack.andreas at gmx.de> wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
>
> > There is a TA from Mustek that can be used with any scanner
> > because it has an expernal power supply and is just plces on
> > the scanner.
>
> Is there a way to detect the TA by software? Maybe someone
> knows it.
>
> I guess it makes a difference for the calibration whether a TA
> is present or not...

For BearPaw 2400TA, there is a command which seems to return the
TA status (I just did not implement this yet).  At least this is
the only difference in the usbsniff log, and the Windows driver
complains that I did not attach the TA correctly.

There seems to be a model called BearPaw 2400CS (and 1200CS
too); the manual which came with my 2400TA lists all four
variations on the front page.  I suppose that the only
difference between TA and CS models is the bundled TA (and some
setting in the driver).

As for calibration, looks like it is done in a completely
different area (at the start of the TA area); the main lamp is
never turned on - the TA lamp is always used.