[sane-devel] SCSI Microtek x6EL probs

Michael Honeyfield honeyfield at maxnet.co.nz
Sun Mar 3 14:16:39 GMT 2002

hello all

I am having huge probs getting this scanner to work with sane. it works
under windows but thats not were i want it to work.

I have followed the insructions in the man pages and docs on the web. I
had a brief look at the previous threads for this list and didnt find
much that helped me. below is what i hav done so far

$> cat /proc/scsi/scsi

Host: scsi0  Channel: 00  Id: 06  Lun: 00
Vendor:			Model: scanner 636EL  Rev: 1.5
Type: Scanner  ANSI SCSI revision: 02

( i noticed that under vendor there is a blank, i read that in this case
you need to add the device, /dev/sg0, to the backend config file is that
right?)

$> ./sane-find-scanner

sane-find-scanner: found scanner "scanner 636EL 1.50" at device /dev/sg0

(looks good to me)

$> ./scanimage -L

No scanners identified......blah blah

(not so good)

 I have also created a group called scanner and made the permissions for
the device. lsmod is happy with my scsi modules. I have also added to
the ld.so.conf file the path for the sane libs. now have i missed
anything or am i just plan stupid. I cannt figure it out, i am hoping
that there is some one out there that might have a clue. Also these are
standard mandrake 8.1 rpms from their dc.

 Many thanks

Michael
--
If linux doesnt have the solution, then you have the wrong problem.