[sane-devel] Xsane: scans garbled in Lineart mode

Levente NOVÁK lnovak at dragon.klte.hu
Wed Mar 20 08:17:28 GMT 2002

Using Xsane 0.84 (or previous versions), scans made in LineArt mode
with a Microtek Phantom 636cx scanner are garbled --- even though previews
work OK!
To be sure that this misbehaviour is caused by Xsane and not the microtek2
backend, I've made tests using different frontends. Xscanimage, as well as
QuiteInsane work normally, only Xsane fails to produce correct images. It
is worth to note, that only lineart is affected, grayscale and colour
scans are perfect.
I attached two lineart scans (300 and 600 dpi) to this mail. I think they
are small enough not to waste much bandwidth. As letters are rotated and
stretched, it seems that lines composing the images are smaller (or
larger?) than a scanline returned by the scanner.

Levente