[sane-devel] Umax Astra 2200(U? SU?)

kw426@earthlink.net kw426@earthlink.net
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 21:15:10 -0500 (EST)

this is what i suspected, and i do have the model with both usb and scsi,
but so far no luck in getting it to work. i think i am having a problem
with the kernel modules. it is the smp kernel from redhat 7.2 (2.4.7).
here is what i get in /var/log/messages when i plug the scanner in:

Oct 30 19:47:03 sphere kernel: hub.c: USB new device connect on bus1/1,
assigned device number 2
Oct 30 19:47:03 sphere kernel: usb.c: USB device 2 (vend/prod
0x1606/0x230) is not claimed by any active driver.
Oct 30 19:47:04 sphere kernel: usb.c: registered new driver usbscanner
Oct 30 19:47:04 sphere kernel: scanner.c: USB Scanner support registered.

now after reading thru this list archives i think i should see a lot more
info on the scanner, but i get nothing. and of corse when i try scanimage
-L i get the no scanners found error. perhaps someone could point me in
the right direction?
thanks
wade