[sane-devel] Handling of translations changed in CVS

Sun, 3 Nov 2002 17:21:30 +0100

Hi,

I've just changed the way how the translations of backend options are
generated in CVS.

1) configure checks for the gettext tools now and set up their paths in
   po/Makefile.
2) Translations are enabled by default if the gettext programs are
   found. This will give us more testing, I hope.
3) If msgcat is availabe (since gettext 0.11 I think) it's used to merge
   backend.lang.po and saneopts.lang.po. Otherwise they are just
   merges using msgfmt. I hope this way we avoid the duplicate message
   errors once and for all.
4) po files aren't updated automatically from their .c files any more.
   This avoids generating new .po files when only some code is changed
   in the source code. If the po files should be updated, use make
   backend.lang.po or make update-po (for all po files).

Please test.