[sane-devel] Lexmark X83

Dave Close dave+sane@compata.com
Tue, 05 Nov 2002 12:25:49 -0800

Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
>I don't think that your scanner uses a GT-6816. At least it should
>respond to that command.
>Looks like the X8* scanners use a different chip.

I have confirmation from Lexmark that the X83 is not based on the same
chip as the X73, though they did not tell me on what chip it is based.
Firmware on the X83 is loaded at the factory and usually never loaded
again (updates are possible). No firmware file is sent to the scanner
on each use.

BTW, Lexmark also says that, contrary to comments in the gt68xx files,
there is not and has never been a model X70. They also advise that the
firmware file name in the gt68xx.conf file for the X73 may not be right.
--
Dave Close, Compata, Costa Mesa CA  "Politics is the business of getting
dave@compata.com, +1 714 434 7359    power and privilege without