[sane-devel] HP scanjet 3570c (USB)

memala@gmx.net memala@gmx.net
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 12:17:21 +0100 (MET)

Hi mailinglist,

I'm using a "HP Scanjet 3570c". It is connected with usb.
I use it at a Suse 8.1 Linux 2.4.18 .
My current sane version is "sane 1.0.7-59".
According the sane homepage my scanner is not supported.
Anyway I wanted to give it a try.
Searching in Google didn't helped much.
The manpage "sane-hp" gives the hint to use the "hpscan" module.
After some configuration of the "/etc/sane.d/hp.conf" and
"/etc/sane.d/dll.conf" files I can't get the scanner to work.
The command "scanimage -L" can't find any scanner.

$: scanimage -L

Has anybody expirience with "sane" and "Hp scanjet 3570c" ?
If yes can you give me some hints (thanks).

I got another question do I have to use the "hpscan" module or the
"libusb" module?

Thanks and regards
memala