[sane-devel] how to detect the scan_source

Fri, 8 Nov 2002 14:29:57 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 02:07:36PM +0100, Oliver Schirrmeister wrote:
> Is there a way to detect if the user wants to scan with
> the ADF or from flatbed? I've found SANE_NAME_SCAN_SOURCE
> but the value of that option depends on the backend?

Yes, it's not a well-known option.

> I'd like to write a tool like scanimage. The user can
> select the scanner and the scansource. If flatbed is
> selected I want to scan one image only. If the ADF is
> selected I want to scan as long the ADF is not empty.

XSane has an option setting that allows the user to select which of
the scan sources is an ADF. Maybe you can go that way.

Most backends seem to use:
"Automatic Document Feeder"

Others use:
"Automatic Slide Feeder"
"ADF"

I'm not even sure if all backends use the scan source option to select
ADF.