[sane-devel] Lexmark X83

Dave Close dave+sane@compata.com
Fri, 08 Nov 2002 13:27:43 -0800

Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
>> I have learned that the X83 is, in fact, based internally on an IEEE-1284
>> parallel interface and some kind of USB converter. Does that provide any
>> clue or hope that some other SANE backend might be appropriate?
>If you can find out which kind of chips are used "behind" the
>converter, that may help.

I've been told that two chips are involved, a PAL16R8 and a GL640USB_40SOJ.
As at least one of those is programmable, and could be programmed uniquely
for Lexmark, the information may not help much.
--
       Dave Close, Compata, Costa Mesa CA       +1 714 434 7359
       dave@compata.com              dhclose@alumni.caltech.edu