[sane-devel] Rainbow couloured stripes = DC adapter problem?

Tue, 12 Nov 2002 11:21:01 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 10:15:07AM +0100, Novak Levente wrote:
> The question: is it possible that the stripes are caused by voltage or
> current unevenness while scanning? Is a certain kind of current or voltage
> stabilisation needed for scanners, which can not be achieved by normal
> (domestic) DC adapters?

I have never seen such a problem, but yes, I think that's possible.
If the unevenness is really a problem, adding a big electrolytic
capacitor may help.

Another reason may be that the DC adapter is not powerfull enough.
One of my scanners needs 1 A at 12 V and if I use one of my standard
1.2 A DC adapters, the images are much too dark. Well, the DC adapter
can supply 1.2 A, but then the voltage is down to about 6 V :-/