[sane-devel] NEWBIE - (probably) very silly question SORRY !

riccardo ferraro ricferr@tin.it
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 11:13:13 +0100

I have SUSE 8.0 with SANE 1.0.7-59 and an Epson Perfection 1660 USB=20
scanner.
I've downloaded the last version of SANE from mostang/sane (both backend =
end=20
frontend). I ran ./configure, make and make install on both without  any=20
error messages. ehmmmmmmm...... what have I got to do next ?
I tried to use as usual YAST2 (SUSE's Setup tool), but I got an error mes=
sage
complaining that SANE was not found. Probably SUSE wants SANE's files
in a different position with respect to the place where the installation =
put
them ?!? BTW, I launched sane-find-scanner which did not find any scanner=
=2E
With the default SUSE 8,0  configuration with SANE 1.0.7-59=20
sane-find-scanner finds my scanner as it should be.
Any help would be very much appreciated !
                                       Thanx alot, Riccardo,Italy.