[sane-devel] HP4400c Scanjet

Frank Zago fzago@austin.rr.com
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 13:27:36 -0600

Chris wrote:
> I'm determined, if possible, to get this scanner to work with linux.  Has
> anyone had any luck.  I have it connected to my usb port and running kde's
> usb viewer finds it.  I have the current version of SANE installed, 1.0.9,
> however running sane-find-scanner results in nothing.  Being a newbie still
> of sorts I'm kind of unsure what to try next.

Hi Chris,

AFAIK, there is no SANE backend for that scanner, not even in alpha version.
According to http://www.mostang.com/pipermail/sane-devel/2002-February/001850.html
it is possible you have a scanner compatible with a umax 1200 or 2000.

If you are that determined, you could get some usb traces of a very small scan
under windows with SnoopyPro and post them to a web site. Maybe someone will
recognize some patterns.

SnoopyPro is at http://sourceforge.net/projects/usbsnoop/

Frank.