[sane-devel] Cannon N650U, sane 1.0.9, libusb 1.6a, FreeBSD 4.7 RELEASE, KERNEL PANIC and a PAGE FAULT

Mon, 18 Nov 2002 22:34:57 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 11:06:56PM +0200, Ryan Budge wrote:
> 5. If I use the libusb driver I get nothing working and cant open the
> device.

Even as root it doesn't work? Nothing found by sane-find-scanner?

> 6. if I use the kernel driver I get a page fault and a kernel panic.

Well, that's obviously a kernel bug. I guess you should enter that one
into the FreeBSD bug tracking system.

> 7. I tried adding some of the config to usbd.conf but it dumps core ?
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> Has __ANYONE__ got a usb scanner to work in a similar environment ?

Last time I checked, the Mustek ScanExpress USB scanners (600CU,
1200CU etc.) worked exactly once under FreeBSD 4.4. After that,
further writing to the scanner blocks. I have heard similar reports
for other scanners. Bug report:

> Thanks for the help ! And thanks to all the developers on the list who
> give up their time!

We could need some FreeBSD experts here, especially for the USb
problems :-)