[sane-devel] Scanning via net interrupts

Elmar Fähndrich falter@dina-3.de
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 14:46:26 +0100

Am 18.11.2002 23:45:56, schrieb Henning Meier-Geinitz <henning@meier-geinitz.de>:
>saned not only needs the sane port (6566) but also a port for data
>transmission which is selected by the server's operating system. See
>man saned. That's not very firewall-friendly.
>
>So you'll have to edit your harden scripts to not block all the user
>ports. I'm not sure if this approach of a personal firewall makes sense
>at all, but that's another discussion.

Hi,
thanks but that the firewall could cause it was already my Idea. Even if I completely deactivate firewalling, that error ocours. Or are there deactivatet ports by harden_suse which had nothing to do with the firewall. I thought ports are only bllocked by the
firewall?
Bye
Elmar