[sane-devel] libsane-dll.a - where is it?

Wed, 20 Nov 2002 22:18:29 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 08:19:55PM +0000, Alexis wrote:
> I have attempted a number of times to build sane, against two versions of gcc
> on two different machines, and in each case get a link in /usr/local/lib
> pointing to /usr/local/lib/sane/libsane-dll.a, except this file does not
> exist.  I am not a developer, but has anyone any idea why this is happening
> and what I can do to fix it?

If you build with static libraries enabled, the file will exist. I'm
currently checking, what's wrong with the Makefile.

However, I'm surpised that two people come up with this during one
day. Nobody ever noticed that dangling symlink.

Just out of curiosity: Why do you need it? Are you linking something
statically?