[sane-devel] New to list - need help to understand sane

William Heidrich wph@netyp.com.au
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 11:02:33 +1030

Yeas, it all checked out OK.

I tried put a mandrake 9 dist. On my PC - same result, although the
testing seemed slower

I have a usb dual mode camera which I can read fine from.

-----Original Message-----
From: sane-devel-admin@www.mostang.com
[mailto:sane-devel-admin@www.mostang.com] On Behalf Of Henning
Meier-Geinitz
Sent: Tuesday, 19 November 2002 2:40 AM
To: sane-devel@www.mostang.com
Subject: Re: [sane-devel] New to list - need help to understand sane

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 04:19:11PM +1030, William Heidrich wrote:
> Thanks for your various comments. Still having trouble.
>
> Is there anyway I can verify my sane driver installation? (i.e. I
> installed 1.0.9, and believe that I had uninstalled the 1.0.8 version
> properly)

Your logfile shows that you use SANE 1.0.9. You can double-check with
scanimage --version.

To test your installation, you can use "scanimage -d test -T". It should
result in several "PASSED" messages.

However, I don't think you made a mistake. For me it looks like eithe
hardware or kernel driver problems.