[sane-devel] About Gt6801 scanner

Sergey Vlasov vsu@altlinux.ru
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 16:10:46 +0300

Hello!

I suppose you intended to post this to the list - there is much higher
chance to get help there.

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002 12:47:01 +0800
"Fan Dan" <dan_fancn@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have scanners with Gt6801 chip and Gt6816 chip. Now I have successly
> downloaded firmware and I can control Gt6801 scanner motor and lamp freely.
> But I find some command command code (e.g. getID)is invalided, but when I
> use this to Gt6816, The Command code is valided.

You still did not give the information about the scanners - what are
the model names and USB IDs?  Probably someone else has an identical
device and might help you.

The "Get ID" command seems to be not supported by every device - my
Mustek BearPaw 2400 TA has such command, some other scanners don't
have it.  However, this command does not return the hardware ID - it
returns the information built into the firmware which is uploaded into
the scanner (without firmware this command does not work).
Unfortunately, there is no method for determining the precise scanner
model - many scanners have the same USB ID, and even the Windows
drivers from Mustek happily upload the firmware for another model
(which then does not work).  This is the reason for manual
configuration in gt68xx.conf for such scanners.

Also, in the current SANE CVS there is another backend which you may
try - artec_eplus48u (it was based on the same code as the gt68xx
backend).

-- Sergey Vlasov