[sane-devel] libsane-dll.a - where is it?

Sat, 23 Nov 2002 20:13:29 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 23, 2002 at 05:57:47PM +0000, Alexis wrote:
> > sane-find-scanner should be able to find your scanner anyway.
>
> It doesn't find anything!

Then most probably your scanner wasn't detected by the kernel. You did
apply the kernel patch provided on the web page and loaded the scanner
module? Is the scanner detected? You should see it in
/proc/bus/usb/devices with a "driver=usbscanner". If it shows up as
"driver=(none)" the usb scanner driver doesn't know your scanner. Look
at man sane-usb on howto use modprobe options.

> Remembering I am not a developer, is there anything I should be
> setting like environment or some sort of flag to enable it?  (I can
> also relay the results back to Steven Ellis, creator of the patch
> for the Primax range)

Look at the FAQ on the viceo page. Your link problem is mentioned and
it's explained how to enable debugging.