[sane-devel] edited /etc/sane.d/dll.conf, what next?

Mertens Bram bram-mertens@linux.be
24 Nov 2002 17:34:39 +0100

Hi,

I have the so-called 'Aldi Lifetec scanner', a Medion MD984.

I have edited /etc/sane.d/dll.conf so that only mustek_pp is not
commented, all other lines (including mustek and mustek_usb are
commented (i.e. they start with '#')

The file mustek_pp.conf appears to be already as it should be:
port is set to 0x378 (and my scanner is attached to my only parallel
port)

and the medion section is the only section that isn't commented:
 # Medion MD9848 (aka Aldi-Scanner)
  name MD9848
  vendor Medion
  option wait-bank 250

Yet when I try to scan something the preview shows a blank page.

When I actually tried to scan an image xsane terminated with the
following message:
[root@localhost sane.d]# xsane
Floating point exception

Trying again the resulting image was again, completely blank.

Do I have to restart anything? Are there any other settings I must
alter?

TIA
--
 #  Mertens Bram "M8ram" <bram-mertens@linux.be>   Linux User #249103  #
 #  Red Hat Linux 7.3  KDE 3.0.0-10  kernel 2.4.18-3  i686  128MB RAM  #