[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 1260 Questions

Marcel Oliver m.oliver@iu-bremen.de
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 16:29:19 +0100

Hi, I have just bought an Epson Perfection 1260 scanner, primarily
because Epson makes an explicit effort to support their hardware on
Linux.

The scanner mostly works, but I have a few minor problems:

- When using the plustek backend, scanning works, but prior to
  starting the scan the scanner makes unusual noises which it does not
  do with the Epson's own driver.  I noticed some reports about
  damaged Epson scanners on this list.  Is this related?

  In certain scanning modes the scanner keeps making noise and does
  not even get started with the scan.  I can give some more
  information if that's useful, but prefer not to experiment too much
  for obvious reasons...

- Epson's backend that comes with iscan works well apart from the
  following: I'd like to use scanimage with some existing scanning
  scripts.  However, scanimage does not terminate after completing a
  full scan.  If I use CTRL-c to cancel, I get a usable pnm file.  Any
  idea how to work around this?

  Both the xsane and Epson's iscan frontend work fine.

Any hints are appreciated,

Marcel