[sane-devel] Epson 1650 out of memory

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 20:21:57 -0400

--ZGiS0Q5IWpPtfppv

It's of course not a limitation of the SCSI buffer, this is a USB
scanner (note to myself: Next time think before replying ...) There
are limits in the scanner, it can only handle a certain scan size:=20
The higher the resolution, the smaller the scan can be. This does
not have anything to do with the total image size, it's the size of
one scan line that's the problem (or, maybe the hight of the scan,
there is another limitation, again based on the resolution).=20

But again: Even though the scanner can do 1600 dpi, this does not
mean that the max. resolution is useful for regular scans. These
resolutions only make sense for slides or transparencies.

The error message may not be the best, but it does have to do with=20
memory limitations.

Karl Heinz