[sane-devel] Compiling problem 1.0.9pre1

Tue, 1 Oct 2002 10:56:49 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 05:43:55PM +1000, Matthew Duggan wrote:
> > ln ./stubs.c abaton-s.c
> > ln: creating hard link `abaton-s.c' to `./stubs.c': Operation not permitted
> > make[1]: *** [abaton-s.c] Error 1
> >
> > I have Mandrake 8.1 with gcc 3.0.1.

> Hi,
>
> What filesystem is this on?  The only common ones I can think of off the
> top of my head that don't allow hard links are smbfs and fat32.  If
> you're using one of them, try compiling it on an ext2/ext3 partition.

Further more, backend/Makefile.in uses $(LN_S) so symlinks should be
used and are used on my system:

ln -s ./stubs.c abaton-s.c

So for some reason configure hasn't detected a working ln -s.
Maybe the system is messed up someway. I don't think that's
gcc-related, 3.0.4 works at least.