[sane-devel] USB scanners page.

Oliver Rauch oliver.rauch@rauch-domain.de
Wed, 02 Oct 2002 19:51:39 +0200

Jonathan Buzzard schrieb:

> I have just uploaded an update to the "USB Scanners under Linux". I
> would be grateful if people could check the page out an let me know
> of any errors and or omissions.

Hello Jonathan.
Some information you may like to add:

The Umax Astra 4000U and Astra 2100SU have a firmware what means that they
use a processor. These scanners normally use the scsi protocoll what
means that the scanner may be ONE DAY supported by the scsi backend
sane-umax.

The Astra 4500 uses the GeneScanII GL646USB chipset. Umax is providing
some information about the scanner so there may be a chance to
write a driver for this scanner. The problem is that I do not have
much time to care about that in th moment.

Thanks for your work!
Bye
Oliver

--