[sane-devel] where to put firmware files?

Wed, 2 Oct 2002 20:35:48 +0200

Hi,

All the scanners supported by the gt68xx backends need an firmware
upload before they can be used properly. As the licence situation is
unclear, I don't provide the firmware itsself. However, the backend
will search one (or more) directories for the correct firmware file.

Currently I'm using /usr/local/lib/sane as the default directory for
these files as they are binary objects. But as they are
platform-independent, shouldn't be the default path for such files
SANE_DATA_DIR "/sane" (by default "/usr/local/share/sane")?