[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 1660 photo -> Driver(s)

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 06:44:21 -0400

--VbJkn9YxBvnuCH5J

You should not have to manually edit the file modules.usbmap: It gets
created / updated when you run /sbin/depmod -a=20
This also means that the next time your system runs this command, your
changes will be lost. Do you have the options for the scanner in /etc/modul=
es.conf? This should be sufficient to create the file the way you need it.

For negatives, it is not sufficient to just reverse the colors. When you ha=
ve
a chance, look at a historgram of a good slide and then at one from a negat=
ive.
The slide will have a very broad histogram, you will see pretty much all
densities. The negative however will be very narrow. You need to reverse th=
e colors, and then in a second step you have to "spread it out" again.

Karl Heinz