[sane-devel] where to put firmware files?

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan@buzzard.org.uk
Sun, 06 Oct 2002 10:59:58 +0100

henning@meier-geinitz.de said:
> There are differnt firmware files for the same vendor and product ids.
> E.g. all the gt6801 based scanners (there are many) use the same ids
> and the firmware is differnt for most of them. You need the right one
> to get it working. That's one reason why I want to keep the name of
> the firmware as it is.

Surely that means that these scanners are compliant with the USB
specification. Not that this helps us. However their must be some
additional identification parameter that could be used perhaps via
a hash function of some sort that would allow us to uniquely identify
the firmware files with the scanners.

JAB.

--
Jonathan A. Buzzard                 Email: jonathan@buzzard.org.uk
Northumberland, United Kingdom.       Tel: +44(0)1661-832195