[sane-devel] double msgid in po files

Tue, 8 Oct 2002 13:52:13 +0200

Hi,

msgfmt was still complaining about duplicated strings in two po files.
I have commented out the msgids in po/plustek.de.po and
po/umax_pp.fr.po now. The real fix is to not mark these strings with
SANE_I18N in the code and use the macros of saneopts.h instead (if
appropriate).

This kind of bug can be found by running gettext 0.11 or later or by
shell commands like that:

cat umax_pp.fr.po saneopts.fr.po|grep "^msgid" | sort |uniq -d

The duplicated `msgid ""' can be ignored, that will be taken care by
the awk script in the Makefile. I'm still searching ma more
appropriate solution for our translated options.