[sane-devel] Proposal for device lists

Wed, 9 Oct 2002 17:57:46 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 11:15:01PM +0200, Karsten Festag wrote:
> It has a feature I missed in the sane-backends list: now there is one status
> field per scanner type and not only one per backend.

That's also in the normal backends and manufacturers list. See
mostang.com lists for the CVS version. So that will be the standard
once 1.0.9 is released.

> I attach an updated microtek2.desc

I've committed it to CVS.

> where I put the status info per scanner in.  Is the assumption right,
> that if I don't specify a status for a particular scanner the backend
> status entry will be used?

Yes.

You can crete the HTML pages yourself (with the CVS version) by
running "make html-pages" in the doc/ directory.

By the way: did you see Petter's message about fixes for the microtek2
backend?